Community Health Evangelism with Children
Our goal is refocus children’s ministries in the developing world on an integral approach that serves the whole need of the child and their communities. Children’s CHE is a wholistic strategy to bring Christ’s transforming power to children, their families, and their communities. Contact our Children’s CHE Specialist here.
Download our Children’s CHE Brochure by clicking here!
- Restoring lives
- Restoring health
- Restoring families
- Building communities
Why work with children?
- Today one third of the world’s population is under the age of 15.
- There are 2.3 billion children.
- In the next ten years, one billion more children will be born.
- Children between the age of 4 and 14 are the people most responsive to the gospel.
- More than 80% of Christians meet Christ before the age of 18.
- Christ can work through children to reach and transform their families and their neighborhoods.
How is Children’s CHE used?
Children’s CHE is used in many countries around the world as a ministry with children, or alongside a traditional CHE ministry. Children’s CHE is also an effective way to enter a new community, building relationships and openness to CHE. Children’s CHE is increasingly being used within primary and secondary schools.
- Children come to know Christ and follow him.
- They share their faith with their families, friends and neighbors, so that families and communities become open to the gospel.
- Communities become open and ready for CHE.
- Churches are planted.
- Children also learn key health and social skills, which they pass along to their family and friends.
- This results in improved health (physical, social and spiritual).
- Children work alongside adults in community projects. They learn the value of work take part in the transformation of their community.
- Children’s CHE in schools offers a broader exposure to CHE, impacting children, their families, school officials, and even the local government.