Skip to content
CHE Core Values
- Integration and Wholism: We are personally committed to complete obedience to all that Jesus commanded, including compassion for the physical needs of people as well as evangelism and discipleship. We recognize an integral relationship between the physical, mental, social, and spiritual. Our programs seek the total development of the whole person and community.
- Commitment to the Poor and Marginalized: Jesus came to preach good news to the poor. As His ambassadors we are committed to the poor and marginalized. We affirm their worth, call them to be children of God through faith in Christ, and seek to release them from brokenness and despair.
- Long-Term Solutions: We concentrate our efforts on long-term solutions that break the cycle of poverty and disease. We train, equip, and empower people to do for themselves. We focus on development rather than relief, and disease prevention rather than cure.
- Local Ownership and Initiative: Sustainable programs are owned by the people and built on local initiative. Ownership and initiative is demonstrated through volunteerism and strengthened through capacity building. We take time in communities to participate with the people in assessing their needs, identifying resources, and assisting them in organizing for action through training and consultation.
- Participatory Learning: We believe people must be active participants in their own development. Therefore, we use methods for adult learning that engage participants in a process of reflection and action. We also believe people learn by doing, and that modeling is essential.
- Multiplication and Movements: Our aim is not merely projects, but movements. This is facilitated by training people to train others using concepts that are transferable. We emphasize the use of local resources and appropriate technologies so that solutions can be passed along neighbor to neighbor. We build cooperation and vision at a community level. We work collaboratively with faith and community based organizations, local and international relief and development agencies, churches and missions, as well as governments to facilitate the transformation of communities and nations.
- Christian Servant Leadership: Jesus is our model. We seek to imitate him in humility and love. Jesus taught that the greatest in the kingdom is the servant of all. Every leader in our organization is Christian, and each one a servant. We seek to model servant leadership in our organization and programs, and raise up leaders in every community who give sacrificially to serve the needs of the people.
- Contextualization: Our programs will be adapted to local needs and requirements as identified by the local community.