Women's Cycle of Life
The Need: Women and infants around the world face overwhelming odds.
- Each day, an estimated 800 women and 26,000 infants die from preventable causes!
- Of all the people who live in extreme poverty (less than $2/day) around the world, 70% of them are women.
- Literacy rates among women are as low as 12% in developing countries (compared with up to 100% in developed nations).
- Girls are often the last to be educated and the first to be removed from school.
- In some countries, malnutrition affects up to 45% of children under age five, often due to lack of knowledge of balanced nutrition as well as lack of resources.
- Women are often viewed as inferior to men and of low value, making them easy targets of violence, neglect, and abuse.
- Many women have never heard the Gospel, and do not know that they are loved and highly valued by their Creator.
Our Response: Women’s Cycle of Life is CHE curricula and training that empowers CHE teams to respond effectively to the wholistic needs of women. It provides practical knowledge and skills for:
- Safer pregnancy and birth
- Infant care
- Small business development
- Healthy relationships
- Biblical truth that transforms
The Results of Using Women's Cycle of Life Curricula as Part of a CHE Program:
- Women and infants’ lives are saved.
- Small businesses increase family income.
- Better nutrition brings physical health.
- Literacy opens new opportunities.
- Harmful cultural practices are replaced with life-nurturing behaviors.
- Marriages are strengthened and families blessed.
- Women and men come to know and love their Creator and His redemptive power in their lives.
- To get Women's Cycle of Life training or for more information, please contact the CHE Network WCL Facilitator by clicking here!
- Thank you to Medical Ambassadors for developing and maintaining this curricula.