Global CHE Network - Training Event Details
- Course: Missionary Medicine for Physicians (MMP)
- Date: Start: 11-10-2020 End: 11-14-2020
- Region: North America
- Location: Marion, NC, USA
- Contact: email@example.com
- Register: http://www.equipinternational.org/mmp
- Comments: MMP is designed specifically for physicians, physicians assistants, and nurse practitioners who work in remote locations.
MMP consists of detailed presentations of the most common diseases seen in developing world settings and emphasizes diagnosis and treatment. Program instruction includes treating not only common diseases like malaria, tuberculosis, and HIV/AIDS but also many other tropical diseases and conditions not usually seen in Western medicine.
Other topics such as critical childbirth and women's issues, international drug options, complications of malnutrition and anemia, common dental issues facing physicians, and barriers to best practices in global health missions will also be discussed. In addition to formal didactic presentations and discussions, attendees will work independently to successfully complete a series of well-crafted case studies.
Close This Window