Global CHE Network - Training Event Details
- Course: Concrete Dome Construction
- Date: Start: 10-04-2020 End: 10-09-2020
- Region: North America
- Location: Marion, NC, USA
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register: http://www.equipinternational.org/concrete-dome-construction
- Comments: Concrete domes are dome-shaped structures that are affordable and can offer a long-term haven from storms, earthquakes, floods, and fires in the developing world.
Thin shell concrete construction is an appropriate technology which is applicable to meet many needs worldwide. Domes structures can be used for rainwater catchment tanks and theft-secure granaries to economical, permanent village homes, churches and schools.
Equip's Dome Construction program offers hands-on training in site selection, design, and construction of a thin shell concrete dome. Techniques and an AirForm developed at the Monolithic Dome Institute are used in the program to build a 14-foot-diameter concrete dome. Be prepared to get dirty and leave with the experience you'll need to help others build affordable dome structures in their communities.
Close This Window